As the automotive industry embraces the shift towards electric vehicles (EVs), automakers are introducing new electric models with advanced technologies and battery systems.
Ford, a leading automaker with a rich history, is at the forefront of this transition, offering an impressive lineup of electric vehicles. To instill confidence in their customers and demonstrate their commitment to EV reliability, Ford provides a comprehensive electric vehicle warranty.
In this post, we’ll explore the Ford electric vehicle warranty, its coverage details, benefits, and the peace of mind it offers to electric vehicle owners.
Understanding the Ford Electric Vehicle Warranty
The Ford electric vehicle warranty is designed to cover certain defects and issues that may arise with the electric components and battery system in Ford electric vehicles. This warranty demonstrates Ford’s confidence in the quality and durability of their EVs and assures customers that they are investing in a reliable and high-performance electric vehicle.
Coverage Details of Ford Electric Vehicle Warranty
The specific coverage details of the Ford electric vehicle warranty may vary depending on the model and region, but it generally includes the following components:
- Battery System: The core of an electric vehicle is its battery system. Ford’s warranty typically covers defects in materials and workmanship for a specific period or mileage, ensuring the battery functions optimally and retains its capacity over time.
- Electric Vehicle Components: The warranty extends to various electric vehicle components, such as the electric motor, power electronics, and related systems. It offers protection against defects and malfunctions within the defined warranty period.
- Drivetrain: The drivetrain warranty covers critical components like the transaxle, transmission, and other powertrain components related to the vehicle’s electric propulsion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Coverage: In addition to the specific electric vehicle components, Ford offers a bumper-to-bumper limited warranty that covers most other components of the vehicle. This warranty is usually applicable for a shorter duration than the battery and electric vehicle-specific coverage.
- Corrosion Perforation: Ford’s warranty also includes coverage against corrosion perforation, ensuring the vehicle’s structural integrity is maintained over time.
Benefits of the Ford Electric Vehicle Warranty
- Peace of Mind: The electric vehicle warranty from Ford provides peace of mind to owners, knowing that the major electric components and battery system are protected against defects and malfunctions for an extended period.
- Reliability and Confidence: Ford’s commitment to providing a comprehensive warranty demonstrates the automaker’s confidence in the reliability and performance of their electric vehicles.
- Cost Savings: With the warranty covering certain repairs and replacements, owners can save on potential repair costs during the coverage period.
- Enhanced Resale Value: A robust warranty can contribute to the enhanced resale value of Ford electric vehicles, as potential buyers are reassured about the vehicle’s condition and longevity.
- Customer Support: In the event of an issue covered by the warranty, Ford’s customer support and service centers are available to provide timely assistance and solutions.
Claiming the Ford Electric Vehicle Warranty
To claim the Ford electric vehicle warranty, owners should follow these general steps:
- Contact the Dealership: If an issue covered by the warranty arises, the first step is to contact the authorized Ford dealership where the vehicle was purchased or any other authorized service center.
- Service Evaluation: The service center will conduct an evaluation to determine if the issue is covered by the warranty and the necessary repairs or replacements required.
- Warranty Documentation: The owner should provide the necessary warranty documentation, including the vehicle identification number (VIN), purchase date, and mileage, as requested by the service center.
- Repair and Replacement: If the issue is covered by the warranty, the service center will perform the required repairs or replace the affected components.
Summarizing the Ford electric vehicle warranty:
|Vehicle body and structure||8 years/100,000 miles|
|Powertrain||8 years/100,000 miles|
|Electrical system||8 years/100,000 miles|
|High-voltage battery||8 years/100,000 miles or 10 years/150,000 miles (extended warranty)|
The Ford electric vehicle warranty serves as a testament to the automaker’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable, and efficient electric vehicles. With coverage for the battery system, electric vehicle components, drivetrain, and more, the warranty offers peace of mind, cost savings, and enhanced resale value to Ford electric vehicle owners. As Ford continues to expand its electric vehicle lineup, the comprehensive warranty further encourages drivers to embrace sustainable mobility and be part of the electric revolution with confidence.